FitsPro is an image processing stand alone program written for MS Windows.
It was initially created to perform high quality display of CCD images.
Several other functions were now added to expand it's capabilities. Among
the most useful tools, there is a user-friendly routine for CCD aperture
photometry. The latter was adapted to meet some specific requirements encountered
during the CCD photometry of comets.
The following procedures are incorporated in the present version:
- various display options: linear, power, logarithmic and histogramic equalization.
- zoom in - out
- black and white or various false colour palettes
- images can be written in BMP file format with color palette as displayed
- image shift (integer and real), very useful tool for composing true color images
- image blink comparator
- image cut
- calculate star centroids
- aperture photometry
- reads files generated by Daophot II
- display FITS header
Images are read and written in standard (un-blocked) 16 bit FITS file format,
up to image size 1600x1040 pixels (compatible with PC-Vista, Daophot II
for PCs, ST-6 image display software,..).